Sunday, June 17, 2007

Today...

This is it guys the first blog of Wes Hiemstra. (And surely not going to be the last.) This is my connection to all my peeps in college wherever they may be: Irvine, the big SD, Michigan, Davis... and let's not forget Santa Cruz.

All I got to say is that I love you guys, and I just want to give you guys an encouragement to keep going no matter what mud you fall into. Keep marching and trudging along, because on the other side of the swamp is a peaceful meadow.

Always have a quiet time with God before the day begins in order to start the day off right. When we put Him first, it puts our focus for the day in the right place. Worship Him (not only in song) because worship is not singing His praises only, but it is a lifestyle that is giving all we are to Him in every aspect of life whether it is respect for another person, doing your homework diligently or just helping someone out even if they didn't ask. You offer, don't wait to be asked. In my own life I personally need to work on this as well.

Worship Him always! In the good and the bad times. One example of worshipping in the bad times that I love is the story of Jehosaphat and the three armies of Ammon, Moab, and the men of Mt. Seir. He put the choir and the musicians in the frontline and he led the Children of Israel in worship. As they worshipped, the three armies turned on each other and killed every one of the other. The Children of Israel received all the spoils of three armies without lifting one sword. All because of worship.

This is the first of many encouragements because everyone needs encouragement, especially in this new period of life.

Wesman out.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

amazing first post man. I really like the encouragement. I know it's something that made me really ponder about my own life at the moment. We often mistake worship as something we only do when we're singing or playing guitar or something. Well, everything we do is "worship". Good stuff sir, good stuff.

cristina said...

welcome to the blogger family wesley!
thanks for the encouragement... great post.

Jillian said...

Welcome buddy!!! You got a facebook AND a blogger. You are truly cool now.

And that was a truly cool first post.

rebekah said...

Welcome, Wes!!

Padfoot240 said...

Another blogger buddy!
YAY!

shizdog said...

:D

Great post. Hooray for blogger!